Quiet Book: Apostles & Prophets

Update: Please see Simply Fresh Designs DropBox for Download of quiet books.

Many of you have asked about this Apostles & Prophets quiet book without the images. Today is your day!

A Sample of My book so you can see the potential of the templates:

This is what comes in the download:

4×6 Apostles & Prophets Quiet Book without images

(This is a large file so it will take a while to download. Let me know if you have trouble downloading it.)

Links to Pictures of Prophet & Apostles:
Newsroom.lds.org

For pictures of Prophet/Apostles as boys:
October 2002 Friend Magazine

Friend – October 2006 Page 13 & 14

Guess Who: Special Witness (throughout the Friend)

Terms of Use: Personal & Church Use only

Good Luck & Happy Scrapbooking.(& you didn’t think you were a scrapbooker!)

p.s. Many have asked about a tutorial on inserting the images. I found a great tutorial using Picasa (free program through google) by Clover Lane.

Newer Comments »
  1. Lindsey
    Lindsey says:

LOVE THIS! With conference just a few months away, I was just thinking it was time to start learning about them! What a wonderful resource this will be! Thank you so much for sharing these with us!

2. Maren
    Maren says:

I love your work. I have just stumbled upon your site and am trying to get all of your quiet books. They are fantastic. I would love to see a quiet book on church history. I am sure you have already thought of this, and have many others in the works. Thank you so much for doing this, it took me hours to figure out how to insert the photos, so I know I would never be able to put them together without you.

3. Cheryl
    Cheryl says:

I found most of the pictures as children, the only ones I’m missing are: Uchtdorf, Cook, and (of course) Andersen. Any help on those?

4. Laura
    Laura says:

Thank you so much! I photoshopped and printed this out last night and cut and laminated this afternoon. The book is beautiful and I can’t wait to take it to church on Sunday for my Sr. Primary age kids to look through. I also did the AoF and Life of Jesus. My 2 yr old is thrilled with his book about Jesus! Just printed out the Primary theme book for this yr. Love this idea!

Thank you so much for all the work that went into making these beautiful books! They will be very loved by my 4 kids! I plan to make the scripture books soon. Ran out of paper!

5. PJ
    PJ says:

I love these book, in fact, I have printed them all! My children love this book especially and have learned lots about the apostles. I am wondering if you have anything in the works for all the Presidents of the Church?

6. Brooke
    Brooke says:

I absolutely love these – and so do my kids. Thanks so much! I’ve ordered them as swatchbooks on papercoterie.com (using code FREETHIRTY or MADELINEBEA I can get two and pay only shipping). I also ordered a cheaper version that is a really simple 4×6 flipbook from Snapfish.com (Enter code HPFREEBK at checkout and you get first 10 pages free; shipping is just $1.99. My total came to $4.11 for 20 pages, so a pretty great deal). And happy I didn’t have to do any cutting or laminating myself!

7. Cristy
    Cristy says:

I am loving these books as well! I have printed them all and put them in the $1 albums from Walmart. I can hand each of my kids one to look at then they switch around as they finish. SOOO perfect! Thank you so much for your efforts!

PS A church history one would be AWESOME!! 😉

8. Stacy woods
    Stacy woods says:

I see that most people print these as 4×6’s……is the writing not too small to read? Would a 5×7 be better? Just wondering……. Thanks

9. Morgan
    Morgan says:

THANKS so much. ALL your quiet books are great!! Thank you for being willing to share 🙂 my girls are going to love them!!!

10. Robyn
    Robyn says:

Thank you SO much for all your work! I found you on Pinterest and I am ecstatic to get these printed. I’ve struggled with Sacrament meeting lately (4 kids) and am so happy that they will have a way to think about Christ when appropriate. Thank you again!

11. Megan McReynolds
    Megan McReynolds says:

I love your book…..am trying to find all the pictures and using my Photoshop to insert them in….I’m having trouble find Uctdorf….someone says it’s in the August 2006 issue…I’m assuming the Friend? But when I go to that in lds.org, I see the Guess Who thing, but there is no picture on the site? Can anyone help me with that? Thanks!!

12. Amber
    Amber says:

Thank You so much for taking the time to put this together then reput it together with out the images and where you got everything. I love this we’re useing some of it for FHE tonight and I’ll give them a few pages at a time every week for something new in church. THANK YOU!!!

13. Tawnya
    Tawnya says:

Thank you so much for your hard work and sharing these with us! All your quiet books are so awesome!! Thank you!

14. Tanya
    Tanya says:

I am trying to use Picasa but can’t seem to figure it out. Is there anyone that can help me or does anyone know of another free program? I don’t have photoshop. Thanks.

15. JoAnne
    JoAnne says:

I am also having trouble figuring out Picasa. Does it really do what we need it to do for this project?

16. Katie
    Katie says:

would seriously appreciate some help trying to use picasa to insert the photos. have been spending hours trying to figure it out…

17. Julie
    Julie says:

Love this! Thanks so much! I googled the name with boy at the end and used the images tab on the left. For example: in the search bar type, Elder Cook boy. I then clicked on the images on the left. It was the third picture in. I did this with the remaining pictures that were not located on the links above.

18. Amanda Kunze
    Amanda Kunze says:

I actually tried to even download the ones without pictures and it didn’t work. Is there a way to get the file emailed to me?

19. Jeniffer Lee
    Jeniffer Lee says:

These are AMAZING! I have downloaded most of the quiet books and have put them into Picasa, but I still can’t figure out how to get the images into the book. I have read the tutorial but I still can’t figure it out. I also went into snapfish and I have the images downloaded, but how do I insert pictures on top of that? If there is someone who has done this that could help me I would greatly appreciate it!

20. Lorelie Cajigas
    Lorelie Cajigas says:

Anyway to get the download with the pictures attached? It is a fantastic idea and I would love it for my kiddos. Thanks so much!

21. Debbie Floyd
    Debbie Floyd says:

Is there a “Insert Pictures for Dummy’s”? I love these and can download the pictures but cannot get the pictures inserted. Thanks for all your effort on these!

22. click here medico legal reports
    click here medico legal reports says:

Somebody essentially help to make critically posts I might state. This is the very first time I frequented your website page and so far? I surprised with the research you made to create this particular submit incredible. Fantastic activity!

23. Linda Duree
    Linda Duree says:

Is the one with the pics inserted available anywhere. I really like this and don’t think I would need to edit it. I LOVE it as it… let me know or post a like where I can get it

THANKS

24. Jennifer
    Jennifer says:

I just want to add my gratitude to the pile… these books are AWESOME!! We are doing a Sunday Quiet bag as one of our classes in our Super Saturday for RS and we are using 3 of your books for examples that people can sign up for. I appreciate it all the hard work you are willingly sharing with the rest of us… you are so talented!

As for some posts that I saw about inserting pictures using Picasa… I was having the same problem and I figured it out… FINALLY! lol What you have to do after you start editing it in Picasa is to go to the “create” tab and go down and click on “picture collage” and click like you are making a collage. It will automatically put your image you are trying to edit on there and you can make it bigger and then add the picture of the prophet/apostles from there… after I figured out HOW to get the picture on there, the rest was pretty self explanatory… I hope this helps someone!

25. Brittany B
    Brittany B says:

Doing a google image search for “Elder Anderson boy” worked great. And for any others I didn’t have. Thanks for that advice!

It took me a minute to figure out Picasa.
    I don’t have all the options across the bottom like she does in the tutorial. I found if I “hold” the items, and then go to the main tool bar and click “create”. Then select “picture collage.” From there, continue with her instructions.

26. Cindy
    Cindy says:

This is very hard to figure out for those of us who are illiterate on the computer. How do you download the non picture file into Picasa and then how do you get the pictures onto the file. I don’t understand what scren I should be working on to import the pictures. I think I have the Prophets without the pictures downloaded but I can’t find where I work with them on Picasa to put each of the pictures in. And I can’t figure out how to save the boy pictures individually. This is very frustrating to not have the pictures already downloaded into the files. Why can’t you put the pictures in, some of us are too old to try and figure out how to get the pictures on.

27. Shannon Evanson
    Shannon Evanson says:

WOW! Thank you for your time, work and generosity. I am so grateful to have these in our home. I am putting together a book on Prophets and Apostles for my Primary class as well and had a question for you. I was reading this blog: http://theideadoor.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2365:latter-day-prophet-booklet&catid=99&Itemid=2844

It shows a Latter Day Prophets Booklet with the bio of every latter day prophet & the accompanying song. Do you have this book or sale this book? Please let me know! Thank you again, your work is a blessing to so many lives!

28. Michelle
    Michelle says:

I am having difficulty downloading the pages. Could you please email them to me? Thanks 🙂

29. Tresa
    Tresa says:

I love this quiet book of the prophets and apostles. Do you have a download that would include the adult pictures and the youth pictures? I would love a copy to print for my General Conference Journal.

30. Brooke
    Brooke says:

Hi Heather! Your blog is beautiful and your ideas are just simply amazing! Thank you for sharing your time and talents with so many. I am wondering if you have a file that has the cards with the pictures already on them that you would be willing to share. I have my daughter in the MTC and I would love to send them to her in the next day or two so that she could have them for conference. I also think it would be fun for her to have them when she leaves to the Philippines. I am sure they would be very useful. If you do have them and would be willing to share, would you please email them to me. My email is onewildefamily (at) yahoo (dot) com

Thank you so much!
    Brooke

31. jennifer
    jennifer says:

What a great idea! I cannot imagine the time it took to research and cut and paste all those photos onto your template. Is there any way to download the finished product with all your hard work already done??? 🙂

32. Michelle
    Michelle says:

I echo those above. Thank you so much for the free template and had I found this earlier I would have done the legwork for the photos myself. At this point I simply do not have the time. Is there a way to get the template with the photos? I would be willing to purchase them for download. My boys would love this!

33. Carlie
    Carlie says:

Are you planning on doing a new one with the (hopefully) new apostles tomorrow? or if not, where did you get the information on the apostles? So I can make some for my kids and nieces and nephew.

Newer Comments »